Saturday, October 9, 2010

The New Hunting Season



This year Clay and I have gotten in a new lease in Union Parish. Clay killed this 7 pt this morning on the youth weekend. I put him on the stand this morning about 5:30. We scared 4 deer out when we went in. About 7:30 two does came in and left. About 15 minutes later I heard a shot and then a yell. He made a great shot and this is his first "racked"buck. He was more excited than the picture shows. I was sitting on a stand nearby and saw about a dozen turkeys. He killed it with my dad's 30-06. That rifle has killed quite a few bucks. This makes the 3rd generation that has killed bucks with this gun.
One thing about the new lease is we have more than just deer. Here is one of the many bear that inhabit the area. Notice the pole in the background. That is so I can hang the barrel feeder full of corn so he can't get at it. This was my rice bran feeder he was trying to tear up. This picture was taken at 5:12 and I got the card from this camera before 6:oo so I just missed him.
This is the Big Daddy Camphouse. We added the porch and bunkroom to the camp. You can not imagine how hard it is to build a room that is not square in any way. It is especially difficult to hang paneling and no sheet fits correctly. Other than that it is very well built and tight.

1 comment: